Choosing AFCAT books to prepare for the examination is helpful in developing important concepts. However, referring to a lot of books can create confusion regarding the chapters and topics. There are four subjects in the AFCAT 2023 examination. Candidates aspiring to crack the exam are advised to refer to atleast two standard AFCAT exam books for understanding the basics and practising ample questions.
AFCAT Exam Pattern
The candidates should refer to the table below to know about the AFCAT exam pattern, making scheme, subjects asked etc.
|AFCAT Exam Pattern Highlights|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Types of Questions||Objective type|
|Exam Time Duration||2 hours|
|Number of Questions||100|
|Medium of Exam||English|
AFCAT Subject Wise Books
AFACT subject wise books are the basic study material that should be used to gain a basic conceptual understanding of the chapters and topics. These books comprise lucid explanation that helps create strong foundations for the topics that help one to crack the exam with high marks.
|Subject||AFCAT Recommended Books|
|Mathematics||Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations by R.S. Aggarwal|
|Fast Track Objective Arithmetic by Rajesh Verma|
|Mathematics for AFCAT by R. Gupta|
|General Awareness||AFCAT – The First Step by DDE|
|General Knowledge 2023 by Arihant Experts|
|Lucent’s General Knowledge by Lucent Publications|
|English Language||Objective General English by S.P. Bakshi|
|Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis|
|High School English Grammar and Composition by Wren & Martin|
|Reasoning||A New Approach to Reasoning Verbal and on-Verbal by B.S. Sijwali|
|Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning by R.S. Aggarwal|
|Test of Reasoning by Edgar Thorpe|
Preparation Tips for AFCAT 2023 Exam
- Develop a well-structured study plan that spans all subjects of the AFCAT 2023 Exam. Allocate more time to subjects or topics that you find challenging while maintaining a consistent study routine. Break down your study plan into daily and weekly goals to track progress effectively.
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of the official AFCAT syllabus. Familiarize yourself with each topic listed to ensure you’re covering all the relevant areas. This awareness will help you tailor your preparation accordingly, preventing you from overlooking any essential subject.
- Choose high-quality study materials and recommended books that closely align with the AFCAT syllabus. These resources should offer in-depth coverage of topics, practice questions, and previous year’s papers to familiarize you with the exam pattern.
- Incorporate regular mock tests into your preparation strategy. These tests replicate the actual exam environment, allowing you to practice time management and assess your performance objectively. Analyze your mock test results to identify strengths and areas needing improvement.
- Sharpen your time management skills to tackle questions within the stipulated time limits for each section. While speed is essential, strive for accuracy as well. Develop a strategy to allocate time to different sections based on your comfort level and expertise.
- Stay updated on current affairs, with a particular focus on defence-related and national events. Engage in the daily reading of newspapers and magazines to keep abreast of recent developments. This knowledge not only enriches your general awareness but also aids in answering questions related to defence and national issues.
- Strengthen your verbal aptitude, numerical skills, reasoning, and military aptitude. For candidates with a technical background, prioritize readiness for the Engineering Knowledge Test (EKT). Regular practice and solving previous year’s questions will solidify your understanding of these subjects.
- Which is the best book to prepare for AFCAT?
Ans. The best books to prepare for AFCAT are Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations by R.S. Aggarwal and Fast Track Objective Arithmetic by Rajesh Verma.
- Which books should I read for AFCAT?
Ans. The candidates should refer to AFCAT exam guides and standard books prescribed for the different subjects.
- What should I study for AFCAT?
Ans. The candidates should refer to the AFCAT previous year’s papers, mock test and booklist to study for the examination.
- Can we crack the AFCAT in 15 days?
Ans. No, it is not possible to crack the AFCAT examination in 15 days. However, if your basics are clear then you can attempt the examination and gain a correct idea of the exam pattern and difficulty level.
- How to score 200 marks in AFCAT?
Ans. The candidates should dedicate ample time to learning, clearing basic concepts and revising the topics to score 200 marks in the AFCAT examination.